Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VN900 Custom Panniers (hard)

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by All Blacks, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Hi,

I was after a set of hard panniers for the above mentioned bike, black if possible (sort of like a HD Road King).

I have no idea if those types of panniers for the VN 900 are available, but I am not really a sadle bag fan and reckon the Road Kings look cool with the hard panniers.
  2. Hey! That's my thread over there at auskawasakiriders . com, The bags have been on the bike for about 6 weeks now, and apart from some elctrical dyslexia (my fault), they are performing faultlessly!

I really like the run/brake lights at the rear, no tin tops are going to be able to claim they didn't see me from behind.

The bags come from Mutazu . com in the US, although they are made in China, nice finish to them, the mounting kit is a bit ugly, but I'll get around to fabricating my own soon.

With exchange rate shipping excetera they came to just over $600 which included the mounting kit, and the hardest thing about putting them on was manning up to drill the 1/2" holes for the mounting bolts.

If I had it to do over, I would probably purchse some easybrackets, and use them to mount the bags, with the added incentive of making them a breeze to take off when you want.

Go and have a look at the website, they have a few styles, hope this all helps.

3. I've been wanting to find some of these for a while but hadn't yet started my search. Thanks for the post! They look perfect. Long live the Vulcan! :D