Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VMX bike options

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Kellieeclipse, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Hi
    I have noticed the odd VMX post so have a bit of hope that someone can offer advice.

I am fairly new to bike riding but have my heart set on racing in the women's vintage motocross. I am
    Looking for a first bike and have had a few suggestions but willing to consider further advice.
    Thinking 125 or possibly 250 and in the later 80's. probably a Honda CR or something similar.
    Any advice out there on a vintage bike, suitable for a 5ft 8 girl that won't be totally impossible to get parts?
  2. I cant really help but I'm surprised you haven't had any replies yet, so here's a little bump for your post :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Maybe give Murray Steed at Retro Motorcycles in Ormiston, near Cleveland, a call. He's built VMX bikes, his latest a feral Honda CR. Good guy, if a bit rough around the edges! Honda expert through and through but he can tell you if he knows of anything in all brands. Cool idea to go racing this way. An old two stroke Suzuki RM125 might be a cheapish way to go racing.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I will look him up. The Suzi RM is def on the short list as well.
    Thanks will track him down....