Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Vl C/dore + P plate + mobile ph = PITA

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' at netrider.net.au started by Zaphod69, Sep 17, 2010.

1. To the P plater driving the VL C/dore on Elizabeth Drv while talking on the mobile phone -

your automatic indicators are not functioning
    neither are your mirrors - any of them
    if you put the phone down and actually drive, the rider you almost wiped out (ME!) probably wont pull up next to you at the lights and sit there with his bike reving at 9000rpm next to your open window while you're chatting on your phone.

Cutting the rider off after the lights may be a way of showing your displeasure...but you should make sure that the rider doesn't come up on your left hand side at the next set of lights. Opening you rear passenger door just before the lights change to green is very easy....and watching you get out to close it, at the time, was vastly amusing.

Put the freakin phone DOWN and concentrate on keeping your piece of crap car under control in a legal manner!!

2. I'm sure he will read this and be thoroughly disappointed in himself

3. :rofl:

I guess you'd need to know the light sequence for that one to work!

4. Oi! I was on the bloody phone and you acted like a twat revving your bloody engine.

Then you sit in my blind spot so I can't change lanes, get all shitty and then open my bloody door?

****. By the way, it was an LS1.

5. that is gold!

6. is the guy an idiot?

a quick flooring sends that door slamming shut

7. If you don't already know enough to give any Commodore more than 10 years old a wide berth, I'm afraid there's no hope for you :D.

8. hahahahah

I like your work Zaphod. That's almost as good as the d**khead that cut me off at a round-a-bout while talking on his phone, drinking coffee and eating breakfast (he was steering with his knees). I really hope the coffee wasn't too hot when he dropped it in his lap and his phone didn't break when it flew out the window, after I smacked the boot with the back of my hand.