Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIV inspection

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by CBR_929, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi my names Adam...just signed up. I'm 23 an i own a 2000 model honda cbr929. I thought netrider would be the best place to get some advice.

I'm not sure if this has been posted before so I decided to start a new one. Sorry if this has been repeated before.

I bought my bike as a repairable write off and I've been looking to get it back on the road. It's somewhat repaired at the moment but im just wondering if someone knows anything or a place/mechanic/workshop I could go to that could give me some informative advice as to what exactly has to be done to the bike to pass a VIV (write off) inspection. Location isn't too much of a concern but preferably in the northern suburbs of melbourne.

2. hey man i have a 2000 WR cbr929 aswell.
    you have to take it to a vacc repairer and document all the damage with photo's and document it as it get fixed. u also need the vins from any donor bikes you take parts off, or if u buy new parts u need receipts. u need receipts and written reports from the people who fixed it once its done
    once its all fixed u have to book it in for a VIV inspection which is about $400 i think, they take the bike for half a day, go over numbers and repairs with a fine tooth comb. its a biatch to get a VIV where and when u want it though.
  3. yeh thanks alot bud...that really helps. i called up the vacc today to find a local repairer but the person i need to talk to isnt in til 2moro. it would be really handy if there was a mechanic/workshop that knew exactly what the viv inspection process covers and could tell me specifically to the last detail what i have to do to the bike to pass...instead of just throwin money away unnecessarily on inspections and failin them, then havin to pay for another inspection...but yeh at least im gettin somewhere. im hopin to get the bike on the road before summer really kicks in.
  4. There was a write up on it on the vicroads website.
    But its pretty much like Davey said, photo's of everything and history of where you bought the parts from..
  5. No State in the topic
    Read the STICKIES
    Use the SEARCH.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.