Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Visors

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Fonda my Honda, Aug 16, 2006.

?
  1. Tint Black

100.0%
  2. Tint Silver (Mirror)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Tint Red

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Tint Blue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tint Yellow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I have a Shark RSR2 helmet and before that Shark RSR.

With my RSR Helmet, my tinted Black visor has lasted 2 years without any annoying scratches across the visor.

My RSR2, which I have had for all of 2-3 months with a Tint Mirrored Silver has picked up a nasty scratch (and I have no idea how.....)

So my Question for today is, are certain visors more prone to scratching than others.....$70 is kinda annoying to replace.

I am now thinking of sticking with old trusty Black Tint (because I do not want to keep replacing visors when I ride everyday)

2. Irridium visors do scratch easier, and you can't polish small scratches out of them with toothpaste like you can the ordinary tinted ones.

3. I wear goggles, I assume that counts....

But where is the "clear" option?

Mo

4. I use an irridium visor, it's dark enough to stop any sun glare but from the inside you can see through it easily enough to wear it at night.

Only got 1 real scratch on it from when a rock scraped it :(

5. x2
    I have scratches on mine from where it fell off the tank :( and some of the irridium bits flaked off or something the first time i cleaned it :? I only used water the first time so not sure why.

6. I have a completely unscratched blue irridium, but boy is it hard work keeping it that way.

7. Blue irridium for me.. Do have tinted visors but i can actually wear the irridium visor at night without to much trouble..

8. I don't have any coloured visor but thinking of getting one.

9. Oops, forgot to add Clear Visor for the poll.
    However, I am sure I added OTHER as an option but maybe it only lets you list a certain amount.

Thanks for the replies.
    I am going back to old faithful Black.

And I never knew you could clean a visor with toothpaste!!

10. Tint black on the VR-2 - which is shit, btw. Visor clips keep breaking! VR-1 seems to be a better helmet that the VR-2, even if it doesn't look as pretty.

11. Thanks Black Betty, I clicked on the link and read all of the posts.
    I did do a search figuring someone had already posted this issue, however, it came up empty (well I did not have time to go through the 15 pages with my search result)

12. So would people who give advice about Visors be called AdVisors :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I guess they would have to have a clear perspective.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The question is....If they were looking through rose coloured glasses what colour tint would they advise to use.... :LOL:

13. Theres always at least one comedian.

I use clear most of the time.
    But for summer im going to use my irridium
    cause it looks hot

14. god that was so bad I think it gave me cancer... :LOL:

15. Is that a VR-2 MkI, or MKII? The difference is obvious from the top vents, the MKI has 2 'stick-on' vents running from front to back, the MKII has 2 intakes on the front at the top, and 2 exits at the top back. There were several issues with the MKI, including the top vents falling off, the MKII is a completely new design, I have one and am very pleased with it.