Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Visor Prices

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by rc36, Aug 26, 2005.

1. My son-in-law has an HJC SC12 Helmet and was rather shocked to find that replacement visors cost $49.95.

Does anyone know where they can be sourced at a cheaper price than this??

The visor Model # is HJ05

2. That's $10 cheaper than a KBC VR-1 Visor. I just looked at Tinted (light & dark) and iridium tinted visors (reflective). They Cost $60!!
  3. Hey Josh are you picking up the bike tomorrow???
  4. Only $50????

Try an Arai visor, they are upwards of $80 :(
  5. Bugger, this isn't looking good!
  6. My VR-1 was only $49.95 from PS in the city. I figured that was just RRP. :?
  7. My tinted one for a Shoei was $80, the iridium ones are over $100 :(

They make a killing off the things, visors for the cheaper helmets can be $30, why do the expensive brands charge twice as much :evil:
  8. Because they figure if you can pay top dollar for the lid, they can charge you top dollar for the peripherals.
  9. And I was just considering going up market for my next lid... hmmm, bugger that. :LOL:
  10. Well consider this,my Shoei chrome visor is nearly 7 years old,it cost me $80 way back then and still looks like new except for a few very small stone chips. My 1st KBC VR-1 Chrome visor (only $50) lasted about 3 months before the chrome started to come off it :? I can use Mr Sheen,Plexus or whatever to clean my Shoei with no ill effect yet my KBC one i can only use a really soft cloth with warm water otherwise the visors stuffed in a few months.You pay for what you get peoples,stop being tightwads :LOL: :LOL:
  11. That you get waht you pay for is not in question here. My son-in-law is a young guy with a young family running his ZZR250 on a shoestring just cos he wants to ride. He has no idea of value of peripherals like visors cos he's only been riding for 6 months or so and was shocked that visors, even for a cheap helmet, could cost that much.
  12. I wasnt trying to pick on your son-in-law RC so much as pointing out there is a reason why some visors are more expensive than others :wink: And heres me thinkin $50 for a visor is cheap! :LOL:
  13. I SURE AM!!! However my Dad is going to ride it home as it's a 1hr ride on 100km/h roads. I was quite happy to ride it home but dad thinks it's best if he does.

HOWEVER i will be out and about cruising Wollongong as soon as i get the bike home. That will be around 11:30am Tomorrow morning. I then have to go to a mates place for the start of a bucks party at 2:30pm....and you know what....YEP....i'll be riding to that one aswell, wearing my clown-like motodry textile pants, duo jacket, shiny new never before used helmet, gloves and yet to be worn in boots.

WOOO HOOO what a hoot this will be!!!!!
  14. Has anyone got or have an opinion of the Fog City Hyper Pro visors..
    I have a Shoei lid and wanna go iridium visor but don't really wanna get caught at night with it on.
  15. That is true. I had a cheap Nitro helmet for 3 months and it got a few light scratches and chips, I dont even know how.
    The Shoei visor after 6 months used every day is still perfect, I cant see a single scratch on it.

So I guess it is made from better stuff after all.
  16. Just an indication, my HJ05 Iriduim visor was $70. HJ05 clear are around the $45 mark. So HJ07 would be around the same price.
  17. yep, hjc visors, the clear ones are around $50 (expensive for the stores to buy too)

$70 tinted shoei/arai
    $100 upwards for the iridium
    kbc clear ones are cheaper.. when i broke mine a year ago it was $30 roughly

Cheapest ones are the nitro and rxt ones

don't blame the stores - they have to go by what the manufacturers charge them
  18. woo-hoo, tanya, I've got a nitro! (and bears out the "expensive helmet expensive peripherals" theory!
  19. Thanks for the info, peoples, mucho obliged.
    I guess the boy is just going to have to bite the bullet, so to speak.
  20. :shock:
    And here I was thinking of getting a suomy helmet for christmas.
    I got a Nitro NV610 .. iridium visor cost me $30 ... 6 mths later the visor is still as new...
    Its never been as firm on my head as I now know it should be, hense the reason for another helmet
    :p :p
    Perhaps an upgrade to another nirto is on the cards.