Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Visiting Melbourne From USA

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by mgrider, Jul 17, 2006.

1. I'm visiting Melbourne for my first time in September to watch the Philip Island MotoGP. Any suggestion on getting to track everyday.(public transport?) Or book a hotel and grandstand package for reserved seats? Thanks, Matt.

2. Matt

Phillip Island is about an hour and a half from Melbourne. You don't want to have to travel there each day, it's a pain in the arse.

Book yourself some accommodation on the island itself, stay there for the race weekend and you'll be right. As for the grandstand stuff, up to you, whatever you like.
  3. I would hurry for accommodation on the Island!!
  4. ...you're coming all the way from the USA for the moto gp? :shock: i didn't know it had that pulling power. i hope you're going to get a chance to sample the rest of the country considering the expense and effort in visiting. :)
  5. It wont be an hour and a half on race weekend either. Be considerably longer.
  6. you can always join the GP ride on saturday morning
  7. Im sure out of the literally hundreds of people on Netrider,who will be probably be going to the island,if you give some feedback,you could score a lift on the back of someones machine.