Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Visiting Melb In Jan

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by HARV3Y, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Dear Mexicans,

I just booked my tickets to visit my best friend from primary school for his 21st in January. I'll be staying in Templestowe from the 28th Jan - 7th Feb. I was just wondering, if there happened to be a ride on and some one had a spare pillion seat, would be able to tag along one day and check out the roads you have down there? Unfortunately my bike can't come with me, so this is my next best option

Just putting some feelers out early to see if it's a possibility or not.
    (I will be posting this on some other sites also. Hopefully I will be able to have a chat with anyone interested a little closer to the date)

Thanks guys,
  2. i'll most likely have a bigger bike by then and i don't live very far from templestowe... let ya know closer to the date.
  3. Likewise, get in touch. We gots some SEN BOOODY SATIONAL roads down here.
  4. double post sorry....
  5. i just had someone suggest i hire a bike for the day! god i'm stupid not to think of that! i'll have to call around and find some prices, has any one in melb hired a bike for a day?? approx prices?

loz the only road i can remember hearing about is the Spur, hopefully you guys have some more so i can come back to the sunshine bragging about how good the rides are down there!

6. Planning on adding some more inductees to the "I got Lozzed" club, Loz?? :p :LOL:
  7. Well the Spur is exceptionally good when it's clear of caravans. However, you don't want to miss out on a Great Ocean Road run for all its sheer spectacular beauty - or if you have more time, the Alpine road.

But honestly, you'll be knocked out by how much brilliant riding there is to be done around the Yarra Valley, the Latrobe Valley, Gippsland and the Otways. It takes a while to get to any good roads from the city, but shit they're awesome once you get out there. Just tell me what you're after when you get here - sweepers, tight n twisty, downright dangerous, valleys, ridges, mountains, coastal cliffs, or whatever. We got ya covered!
  8. Nope, sadly it's an exclusive club. All members have to be of a certain standard. ;)