Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by BRD007, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Im thinking about getting a Yamaha XV250 Virago. What do you guyz/girlz think?

Is it a good choice of a cruiser for a bigginner like me?

Any cons with this bike?

Thanks in advance
  2. Do a forum search.

Good little bike. Buy one.
  3. i agree with ezyryder, everything i could say i've said somewhere else.... :)

go for it.....if it suits u.....
  4. Yep good bike, do a forum search
  5. good bike. i have had mine for about a month. No problems. 22000km's. Its still like new. Took it on the western road trip and was still comfortable after 500k's. not as fast as the sport bikes (obviously). I'm 6 foot and the bars hit my knees at slow speed in tight corners. very recommended.
  6. What is the handling and engine performance like on a XV250 Virago :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  7. Engine performance is ok. Pretty solid motors.

Handling is cruiser. Great if you intend to stay with cruisers down the track, if you plan on buying a Hayabusa after your restrictions then you're in the wrong market.

Captain Obvious right there IMHO, but a lot of people dont get that.
  8. ...Kawasaki's 250cc Eliminator cruiser looks more the business than the now dated XV250... though the virago has well stood the test of time and is a hard to kill bike.

Couldn't find any quoted power stats, but Kwaka's baby cruiser is a liquid cooled, 12:1 ratio, 6 speed, 14ltr tank, DOHC 8 valve, Vtwin, 171kg cruiser.... vs the virago air cooled, 10:1 ratio, 5 speed, 9.5ltr tank, SOHC, Vtwin, 136kg cruiser.

IMO, I think that'd make the Kwaka eliminator a bit more fun to ride.

The kwaka

The virago
  9. I have a virago535. l test rode a 250 before i bought it. fantastic bike. comfy. (can pick it up by myself if i drop it