Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIP Gold package Moto GP - value for money?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by markcpotter, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Hi All,

just wondering if anybody has done the above and thinks it is worth the money.

Usually I just get the general admission passes when going to the Moto Gp but as I am about to hit 40 this year I was thinking of treating myself.

The tickets for this are $1,150 each for the 3 days and the part that appeals to me is the change to walk the pit lane (is it worthwhile splashing out all the extra cash for this?).

The only thing that actually puts me off is that I can imagine it is the best place to watch the actual race but just wondering if anybody has any views on it.

Also am I correct in saying these pacakages are the only way that you can buy something that enables you to walk the pits?

2. Just be wary of how you enjoy the hospitality. A couple of mates did this last year. They enjoyed it so much that Saturday and Sunday were massive recovery days.

Also, the marquee area isn't that flash as everyone crowds the fence area to watch the action. And you don't get to see much of it if you're a shortarse and are stuck at the back.

Still, I'd like to do it at least once, just to say that I did it.