Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Vinxxgrip - Pillion support system

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by aoeu, Feb 14, 2013.

1. What are your thoughts on this ?

Basically a set of handlebars that attach to the tank so the pillion can hold onto. I like the idea and it would work well, however I would really hate to have a front-on impact and have these dig into my gut or get my legs caught on them.
  2. Know a couple of people that use them and both rider and pillion swear by them.

Less push me pull you and more stable.
  3. I think some of the new Ducati's have a similar thing on them. I totally agree with them though, Stabilize your passenger and it keeps you more stable if they start to move (as they are not dragging you down). It puts them in a lower tuck, I say it would give them more confidence when the bike is leaning as they are holding onto something more rigid at arms length.
  4. interesting... looks like they swivel up (like pillion pegs) so might not be as big a problem for your legs as i initially thought...

ugly though...