Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Vintage Rally

Discussion in 'Non-Bikes' started by Roarin, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Finally got around to looking at few few pickies I took a week or so back at a Vintage Rally.
    Here's some I like.
    4883-1.6 by speedync, on Flickr

4916-1.6 by speedync, on Flickr

4885HD by speedync, on Flickr

2. Thanks for sharing. I particularly like the first one.
  3. Don't you just HATE over-restoration???

Lovely photos nonetheless (y)
  4. I could be wrong, but the first truck in the "Trucks" post has the air of a modern build in the style of the 1940s. Either that or it's been restored using a lot of overtly modern gear. Nice piece of work nonetheless.
  5. .
  6. I stand corrected. Pity the Brockway website is even slower than a 1930s truck :D.
  7. I wasn't trying to correct you, pat, just supplying some additional information....

people like me do stuff like that, drives the wife crazy :LOL:
  8. Oh, no offense taken Paul. I did say that I could be wrong, after all :D. I am mildly embarrassed that I'd never heard of Brockway though. I've always rather prided myself on at least a passing familiarity with most of the odd corners of automotive history.
  9. It was a new name on me too, Pat, but then there were hundreds of companies crowded into the automotive/truck area in the early part of the last century, some of them only built a handful of vehicles and then folded. Brockway seems to have a dedicated following for all that...
  10. Good eyes Paul.
    4930crop by speedync, on Flickr

I've got a sh!tload more that I have uploaded, even more that I haven't yet. I'll organise them into an album and post a link if any one is interested. If you click on the photos, then click on the "Actions" dropdown menu, choose "all sizes" then you should be able to choose a much larger resolution image.

Off topic sort of, but I'm kicking myself 'cause I forgot that my camera had video capabilities while I was watching some old timers start and run a Pratt & Witney 14 cylinder radial engine out of a B24 Liberator, on a test stand. At said Rally. The noise was utterly glorious. You had to be there. It scoffed 20 litres of Av Gas in less than 5 minutes. I took some photos, but they do it no justice what so ever. Nearly brought a tear to my eye it did. Ha ha ha. Awesome. Man stuff.
  11. I love the B.Martin & Sons Red Chev Truck. Looks like a '27. I drove one like that for the Prahran Market in Melbourne on the weekends. Promotional truck, restored with all original running gear. 3 speed, double clutch to change gears and rear brakes only. Max speed about 40km/hr.