Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Vintage Motocross & Lakeside Racing this w/e

Discussion in 'QLD' started by rpmorrell, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Hi all,

There's vintage motocross happening at Conondale this w/e (6th-8th) if you're looking to ride somewhere while the weather's behaving.

It's at Green Park, where I've just ridden past, & it looks like quite a crowd over there.
    I plan to have a squizz on Saturday.
    Racing from 9am.
    Vintage Motocross website

I don't know about admission fees, but I'll be watching some of the action from the roadside if it's too hefty for my $toogy pockets. I'll be bringing my binoculars.
    I really hope it's affordable as I can already smell the vintage 2-stroke smoke.
    Google of Green Park

Lakeside scooter, pocket bike & motard racing is happening at the small circuit on Sunday from 9am, & you can watch for free....just tell the guy at the gate where you're going, if he asks.
    I wont be able to be there this time....Boo Hoo! :cry:
    Google of Lakeside
    Go down to the end of Lakeside Rd, turn right to enter the circuit premises, turn right before the track, skirt around the access road between the track & golf course to get you to the small circuit.

Take care out there!.....Holiday Crazies & bogans etc etc

Rob :grin:
  2. Darn, I'm kicking myself over not visiting the vintage moto x. :(

My Shelley later found out from the website that it was only a gold coin donation as admission fee......well within my povo budget.

I rode past the action on Saturday, & honestly......I swore half a dozen times in delight @ the 2 stroke smoke.......with castor! Think I had an Outer Body Experience!

I was on a mission to get some oils & filters for 2 bikes, ride-on mower, & car. For me out here it means going to the coast which is 100K round trip.

When I got home, unloading the fully laden rucksakck, I could smell the castor in the air....yummmmm.....it had wafted 4K's, over the hill & up my welcoming nostrils.
    It put a smile on my dial, for sure.

NEXT TIME.....I'll make a better effort to get myself there. :idea:

Rob :)