Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Video of me riding a bike for the first time ever!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Master.D., Feb 16, 2008.

1. #1 Master.D., Feb 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Hey guys,

I am so lucky to have a mate that was kind enough to trust me to ride on his bike! He also rode all the way from Edithvale (to Blackburn) and brought me a helmet and jacket and everything! He's a legend..

Anyway, here's the vid. Just wanna say that my mate gave no direction what-so-ever and I started her up and rode using only knowledge from reading etc.

Here's the vid:

I know it ain't much, but it was fun and it has really helped lock the idea of riding into my mind. I can't explain that feeling.. it's like flying.

And yea, I didn't trust myself enough to change gears (don't laugh!!) but next time I hop on his bike I will def be changing gears!

Unfortunately I don't have a mate with a speedbike for me to ride on, but maybe I'll make some new friends, lol! If anyone here from Eastern Suburbs area is trustworthy enough perhaps we could arrange something? Lol

Tell me what you think anyway :)
  2. Your mates are wanks....encouraging you to wheellie...on a cruiser? :rofl:

PS piss 'em off you don't need the distraction of the video camera or them, while your learning. :roll:
  3. Pretty good first effort, I say. You didn't stall the bike, and you managed a U-turn without falling over. Not bad at all.
  4. Thanks cb ^ :D

Haha nah man they were just playin =]
  5. OK....

Well done, but what's the new rider tip?
  6. If this is your FIRST attempt at riding .... :wink: WELL DONE!
    You did much better riding, than your mate did operating a video cam :LOL:
  7. Exactly my point!

Pity they couldn't show you do the u-turn, did you put your foot down? :p

My tip is to ride down the LHS of the road. From where you started you should have been facing the the other way. :p

But well done...you will enjoy the ride!