Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Video Camera Problem

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Duffman, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Hi all

I just recently got a cheap little video camera to rig up for some on-bike videos. Nothing professional, just for a bit of fun.

Anyway, i am really having a hrad time connecting the camera to my PC. I can't get the PC to recognise the camera. I plug the camera into the usb point and nothing happens. Then if i go into the camera editing software, it askes me to connect the camera.

What am i doing wrong?

2. Your camer should either have a donload position or download / upload button check your manual OR have to be in the on / playback position for the computer to recognise it.
  3. Thanks mate,

I actually found that there was a setting in the camera's menu that was defaulted to "web camera" mode rather than "image capture mode" so when i plugged the camer into the PC it was detecting it as a web camera.

next step is to get the remote pen camera to mount on the front of teh bike.

Thanks for your help.

4. be sure to your tube your results... with asmiley over the tacho / speedo!!!