Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[vid] those Goldwings make great sportsbikes

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by FormerUser2, Dec 16, 2005.

1. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

2. Where is that road! Take me there NOW.................

3. Come live in Victoria then. We've got thousands of km's of roads that look just like that.

4. that snuts!! he must cary spare pegs with all that scraping!!

5. Yeah, and thousands of Victorian 'legends in their own lunchtime' clogging them up.

6. I hope they replaced their divots.

7. Hey.... Im a legend in my spare time.... Lunch time is for eatin...

8. Would rather have the roads with the riders, than nothing at all. ;)

9. Try the Perth hills, Gidgegannup to Toodyay by the back roads. All the fun of the fair, but without the d1ckheads or the police. (gotta watch the roo's though).

10. Get more than 80kms out of Melbourne, and it's the same. All the "legends" don't like to venture too far. I'll let others construct possible reasons as to why. Can tackle any of the roads in the Victorian Alps and be lucky to see another bike, except for the group you're touring with, some days.

Guess that's one good thing about the "legends". You don't have to go too far to escape them. They're pretty predictable.

11. :D GRAAATE vid

12. There is a certain feeling that comes over me when I see these buses put through their paces......

13. MMMMM W.A perth roads or VIC melbourne roads lunchtime legends ???? sorry too many great roads in vic to be bothered with lunch.

14. Here's a couple of links for sites/info about Deals Gap, Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway ...

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon.html

and another ...

http://www.dealsgap.com/

Always interesting to hear/read about other good rides elsewhere :D

Some friends of mine from one of the clubs I'm in have been there and loved it ... they did an across America trip on a '74 Yammy XS650 .. read about it here .. (if you're interested) :D

http://www.monarchs.net.au/Journies/US_trip/US_index.htm#Monarchs Motorcycle Club Inc.

Edit= typo fixed

15. And at the end of the day you get to come back to ... Perth!

Huzzah!

:LOL:

16. That is some shithot riding !! YEAH :D :D
    Watch 'em battle the weight of those suckers and still making "The Line", awesome :shock: :shock:
    ...that should be an instructional video for how to ride bends properly.
    Tks for the link :D

17. Yeah, sad isn't it. I wish I could trade it for clogged roads, smog, illegal lane splitting, and rain 7 month's a year. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to stick with open roads, perfect weather, perfect beaches, and cheap petrol, until I can afford half the house for twice the cost in Melbourne....sigh :roll:

18. Clogged roads? Sure, there's a few major ones. Only fools or the unfortunate HAVE TO drive on those during peak hour. I live 45kms from the city center as the crow flies, and yet can be in the city center in 45 mins any day so long as I don't travel between 7:30-9:30am, and 4:30-6:30pm. Peak hour is a biatch in any city, even small country towns.

LOL. Smog? I can see the city center (45kms away) from my house's balcony every day, unless it's raining or a foggy morning.

Lane splitting is legal in Victoria.

Climate statistics inform of 137 rain days in Mebourne vs 119 rain days in Perth. Not a big difference.

Our 36 square 2-story house cost $270K, 2 years ago. Today it's valued at around the $290K mark.

I'll stick with great weather, a motorcycling wonderland choice of winding AND open roads, more open sandy beach frontage within 80kms of the city center than any capital city in Australia. Petrol? $20 to fill a tank. So what?

...and you're wishing you were able to ride on some road in the USA with that attitude? :LOL:

19. Yeah, I am, having lived there for a few years (Mojave California, and Medford Oregon.), and getting over there at least twice a year. Melbourne is no mystery to me, I have an office there in East Malvern, I don't like Sydney any more, in spite of being born there. My personal choice is to live elsewhere.