Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Victory motorcycles

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Brick, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Anyone have any experience with a Victory? Considering a Cross Country as a possible replacement for my BMW. If the local dealer can't get it sorted for minor problems, then I don't want to discover what happens further in the future. As the other major brand dealer in Darwin is even more useless, otherwise I'd buy a Trophy from him, I really only have a choice of two other dealers for a touring bike. I'm not a fan of the Kwaka GTR, which leaves me with only a Victory Cross Country or possibly the new Indian Chief after its release in August.

Anyone know what Victory are like for reliability and parts?

2. made in the U.S. of fcuk'n "A" man!.... i'm not sure if that is good or bad?

Nothing is stopping you from brokering a deal interstate and transporting the bike to Darwin.
  3. I've had mine 2 years with no issues, OEM parts cost a mint and are better sourced overseas (same can be said for most brands) , not a huge range of after-market parts but the XC is pretty well set up straight from the factory I believe. Dealers used to let you borrow a bike for the weekend as an extended test ride - not sure if they're still doing this.
  4. Did this with the GT after the local dealer told me who I could and couldn't finance with. The problem still remains with warranty. I've had my bike in twice before and mentioned an issue with the tyre pressure monitoring. It's come back twice with the same problem. Now going back just for that. If they can't fix minor warranty, what hope for major?

I doubt the other major dealer here could find their arse with both hands let alone provide customer service. They told me they wouldn't get in a Trophy because I wasn't serious about buying one. Like the K16GT wasn't serious enough?

The local Victory dealer seems to have a good rep. The other option is to shave in a bald patch and buy a Porsche cockster...
  5. I don't know Victory bikes, but sounds like your issue is primarily dealer competence, are you sure that will be addressed in Darwin by getting a different, more exclusive marque?
  6. Had my Hammer 8ball for about 9 months, been rock solid mechanically. Had it in for several minor cosmetic warranty issues. The painting and powdercoating for that all black 8ball look hasnt stood up to weathering on some very minor points and the dealer has replaced those parts with upgraded, supposedly more robust but it early days yet, parts without any moaning or pestering from me, just pointed them out and he was fixing them. This is the Sydney dealer though so cant speak to the attitude of your Darwin dealership. Was surprised last service they fixed some stuff under warranty I hadnt picked up on yet, made me feel all warm and fuzzy :)
  7. Here is a review on the Cross Country.