Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Victorian L-plates, what is the next licence step?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Gozzy ID, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gday all

I'm 23 and have had my Victorian L Plates for 8 months. I am looking to do the test and move up to the full level but I have heard contradicting advice about what the next level is.

At my age (and with full car licence) will I go to my full Motorcycle licence, or is there an interim level where I have to have P's or some shite like that? And if there is a P-stage, what are the restrictions/etc?

Just trying to work out the best strategy to get rid of my 2-smoker and upgrade licence&bike.

2. hello :) and welcome.

You will still be on what is considered P plates...the only difference is you don't have to display them.
    All of the other conditions that are placed upon probationery riders is still the same, no pillions, no booze and nothing bigger than 260CC engine.
  3. ok - thanks for that

How long will I be stuck on P's and restrictions for...?
  4. 1 year.

good luck with your test.
  5. 12 months, after that, full licence.

No need to display p plates, and your licence will just be updated with restrictions and added class 'R'
  6. Damn - thanks for the advice guys. I'm booking that test asap so I can get off this peewee at the earliest possible date :p If I do it soon I can buy a real bike for next summer...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.