Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Victoria nice scenic rides - north and west

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Disco_Dave, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I am just wanting to get some ideas on good routes for riding in victorias north and west regions (apart from king lake, GOR and grampians which I already know). Although i enjoy the twisties i am really looking for areas with great scenery and views.

I have done loads of riding in the east (lots of gippsland and along the coast as well as more inland through the mountains etc.) so think its time to mix things up abit.

Also, if anyone is keen to join let me know, i usually go on one really long ride every weekend (300-600k depending on weather etc.) and am thinking of doing afew overnight trips so i can get further out (i dont want to spend 5 hours riding to get to my road of choice, ride it for 1 hour then ride 5 hours back home).

I'm keen to hear your ideas.

2. There are a lot of great not so used back roads macedon area and daylesford areas..
    Took a few thru the Burke and Wills Track (narrow road but sealed) last weekend which was a first for a few riders though they've been around for a while.
    Just pull out the melways green section and don't be afraid to try a lot of the back roads and explore..
  3. Flowerdale.yea,mansfield to whitfield then to bright, towonga gap to tallangatta.Rest then a few laps of granya gap and return.