Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Victoria Demerits question

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by zallene, Apr 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hi guys, how's it going?
    Just enquiring about demerits.. Specifically reaching the 5/5 demerit limit for p platers and now facing suspension.

I'm on my last year of P plates and have recently had two minor offenses, totally 5 demerit points (on p plates can only reach 5 demerits in 12 months before your licence is suspended).

Now, I have two options. Suspend licence for 3 months (will also extend the length of my p's) or do the 1 point 12 month good behaviour option.

I'm just wondering if I were to go down the 1 point 12 month path, does that still count as having your licence suspended when it comes to insurance? I've been asking around but am receiving quite mixed options, so would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks a lot for your time :).

2. It's a catch 22 really.
    If it was me I would choose the 3 months suspension because if you get caught on one point for 12 months it's a 6 months time out.

I've been in this predictment before myself all was good till one day a few kms over and pow 6 months time out.

3. No, if you take the twelve month one point challenge you are not suspended. Nothing to do with the insurance.

But if you slip up you have a six month suspension to tell the insurance company about.

4. Ok awesome, cleared it up for me. Thanks a lot guys, appreciate it.