Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Victim of new workplace regulations

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by typhoon, Jun 27, 2006.

1. I talked to my boss yesterday afternoon about my unpaid super (8 months in arrears) and this morning at 8.10 am I was sacked.
    Goodbye John Howard.

Regards, Andrew.

2. Are you in a Union?
    even if you arn't have a chat to any union covering your area of work. They will probably want to hear the storey, and may be of some assistance.

In Victoria we are left with the saying to get Jeffed.
    The rest of the country is now learning what it means to get Johnied
  3. It is an offence to not pay you your super.
    Has your previous employer agreed to pay you?
  4. jeez, Andrew, that is pathetic. Did they give you a reason? Maybe if they haven't been able to afford to pay your super they haven't been paying their bills either?

I'm sure a man of your talents won't find it hard to find a new and better job....
  5. indeed. seek legal advice and union advice and if nothing comes of it take your story to the media and most importantly, tell all your ex-employer's clients. got a client list??? get one!!!
  6. I've been on teh phone all morning talking to various people.
    Even though I was employed under an award before the new workplace regulations, he can do what he did.
    Union said much the same thing.
    He is not making any money, he just used my asking about super as an excuse to let me go.
    The ATO has been informed about him being in arrears paying my super, however, he seems to stil be under a deed of company arrangement( administration) so they can't do much. Yes it is illegal to not pay super, prosecuting is another matter entirely.
    I also found out this new guy at work has been stabbing me in teh back since he got there, any little thing I'd said has gotten straight back to the boss...ass kisser. :mad:
    He has said he will pay me all my outstanding moneys, but talk is cheap.
    I have talked to the administrators about his business this morning and they are veery interested in the goings on. He is not making money and I know it. :roll:
    You see, I pretty much walked the business out of the financial trouble it was in whilst under administration( it happened December last year) and I know the head guy at the Administrators fairly well, so have some clout there. Funny how quickly some things are forgotten.
    Did someone say audit?! :cool:
    My fiance has been talking to a friend who works fairly high up at a rather expensive law firm, and I expect to be hearing legal advice by teh end of the day. :LOL:
    I have plenty of options regards work, I am actually looking at getting into retail (marine accessories) for a bit of a break from the tools, and to get some experience in that area for when we move down the coast. My extensive knowledge of boating wil get me in there.

Regards, Andrew.
  7. Great stuff, mate. Hit 'em high, hit 'em low and then go and do something better and forget about 'em.......
  8. Talk about getting shafted.

Hard luck mate, hope everything works out for the best.
  9. From memory.

The law got changed after Ansett. Employee payments are first for any company in receivership. Which will be Super as well.

Take him to the cleaners :)
  10. typhoon, sorry to hear about this, I bloody hate slefish mother f@ckers like your boss, as if they dont make enough money they try and stich their workers. Anyway, my sister works for the AWU (Australian Workers Union) I'm sure she would love to help you out, if your interested, PM me with your email or phone and I will get her to get in touch with you, she should be able to point you in the right direction with what you need to do to get your super.
  11. sorry to hear... Thats fcuked...
  12. ditto. :deal: :smileysex: :LOL: :LOL:
  13. Bit of an update.
    Have had legal advice and I am definitely pursuing this. Tossers at department of Industrial Relations were dead wrong, but you get that when you are a minimum wage phone troll I suppose.
    I also called the young guy he interviewed for an apprenticeship a few days before I got the boot and told him what had happened. He is a bit concerned! Don't think he'll be there too long! :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
    Don't mess with the MASTER! I am a nice bloke, but rub me the wrong way and I will come after you foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    I am starting to enjoy this!

Regards, Andrew.
  14. Good onya!

Shaft the F***ers hard.

I've reached the point today where I want to move on. This place (work) is literally boring me to tears.
  15. Start with us.. tell us the business, (Vic is that OK?) so we can avoid him at all costs!
    On the subject of super, I don't know the current state of play but I always used to have employers dump the whole years worth in at the last minute before end of financial year. That way it was less interest they were paying on their overdraft. I don't think it was entirely legal but the ATO seemed to be prepared to let them get away with it.
    If he doesn't pay the super at all, and really ends up at the receivers, I believe the government has to guarantee the missing amount (less earnings). But as long as he is still trading they will try to get the business to pay it off, however long it takes.
  16. Sorry to hear what happened to you...but damn straight, take him to the cleaners.
  17. I like this quote, but would like to make an amendment
    Great stuff, mate. Hit 'em high, hit 'em low and then go and do something better and forget about there smoldering ruin......

Oh no... he seems to have built up something of a bloodlust here... :demon:
  18. How it's supposed to work with super is that the ATO guarantees the money to the employee. And the ATO chases the employer, but you still missout on your interest........
    However, in my situation, I have to go through the administrators as he is still under agreement.
    The government guaranteed employees wages (ie holiday pay, termination pay) with teh changes in legislation after Asnett. They did not include super, as the ATO legislation is supposed to take care of that, but not in my case it would seem.
    Have some mildly hot leads on jobs already!
    Regards, Andrew.
  19. If you need a hand, I have 5 generations of Executioners in the family (men did it for a living and the women married 'em). I'm sure all that breeding could be very helpful to you.
  20. nope your a victim of an asshole boss, they existed long before you and me were old enough to have a job and they'll be around long after.
    there will always be some prick trying to screw you.
    your better off out of there.