Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Victim of bag snatching ? - Try this

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by doonx, Sep 1, 2005.

1.  Top
  2. Self defence training film???? Yep!
    SEND this to your forum stalker, and tell him the chick is your daughter... any time, mate, any time!!!!

3. bruce lee

4. is he related to Bing Lee??

5. I got mugged right outside the front door of the main department store in downtown Ermita, in Manila about 10 years ago. The guy came at me from in front and lifted my wallet out of a bumbag I had around my waist.

Instictively, I pushed him in the chest and yelled at him "Give me back my wallet!" just as he threw it onto the road for an accomplice to catch.

Because he was off balance when he threw it, the other guy didn't catch it and I ran out into the middle of the road and scooped it up. When they saw that I had it back they ran away.

When I got back to the hotel and told the desk clerk, she blanched and said, "You were very lucky, usually those guys carry knives."

Right then I started feeling a little woozy.

6. Sorry but that looks completely phony to me. Obviously staged with the end throw being a standard professional wrestling throw that requires the cooperation of the person being thrown for it to work.

7. Well she knows how to handle herself. In Malayasia when riding bikes/scooters they turn thier jackets around and put the handbags inside the jackets to stop bag snatchers. It now is a trend to ride with your jacket the opposite way, it's amazing but this all was started by women. I thought they did it to stop the wind.

8. Now, THAT'S my kind of girl! :wink:

9. Yeah, I agree, staged.

But it would be hella funny to see it for real. I bet there are some chicks (sorry ladies) who could handle themselves against that sort of threat. Lauren Burns (2000 Olympic gold medal for Tai Kwan Do) comes to mind.

10. Exactly right.
    Some of them ladies pack a mean wallop these days. I saw some doing practise boxing in the gym not so long ago...I got tired just watching them, but I'd hate to tangle with 'em.