Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.


Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by greenguzzi, Dec 17, 2005.

  1. Can anyone help me?

    I'm having trouble with VicRoads registering a 1981 motorcycle. They have no records of it being registered in Australia, and it doesn't have an Australian compliance plate (it has an Italian compliance plate - it's an Italian bike.)

    Any suggestions?


    Steven Green
  2. Thanks, that looks like just what I need.

    I wonder why VicRoads didn't tell us about this during the many phonecalls and visits?
  3. Government departments aren't exactly known for its well trained staff. If you go through some of the threads here regarding legal issues, you might find posts from people who sought advice from various departments and who all got differing answers.

    The classic one, of course, is the issue over TINs being issued interstate and whether your home state's demerit points scheme applies or whether the one in the state of the offence applies.

    Aside from peoples' personal opinions on the matter, I've seen conflicting "advice" from both Vicroads and NSW's RTA, for example.

    It's reassuring to know that our taxes are being well spent...