Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Vicroads LAMS to bring uniform rules wrong

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Tomcatalex, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Vicroads state they brought LAMS to make the laws more consistant with other states

but in NSW you can ride this on LAMS

and other states you cant

and in the ACT you can ride a Harley on LAMS

Victoria is limited to anything pre 1960 upo to 660cc even if it weighs a tonne has expanding drums and rides like a slidding bolder, and a few new bikes and not a big list really

it doesnt look uniform to me :?
  2. It may have a "Ninja" decal, but that is totally a GPX500.
  3. I think you might have the wrong end of the stick on this, ie you're swallowing their bullsh*t. Whatever their reasons, we havn't lost any bikes apart from the race replica 2 stroke 250's (I haven't ridden one, but I expect they would be less than suitable for a learner) & we now have more options for starting out.

I agree that there are some dubious bikes on there, but I think we're better off.
  4. I wouldn't consider ancient Harleys that 'ride like boulders' to be a great loss. In fact, they're probably harder to ride and learn on than your average 600cc sportsbike.
  5. Get over it... shit happens.
    The RVF400 is legal in NSW but not in the ACT.....

but hey I don't lose sleep every night over it.
    It's not gonna change anytime soon, unless you wanna organise a mass protest - that might work :p
  6. Some were knocked off the LAMS list because the ptw ratio was originally wrongly calculated by some states.

In the case of the Ninja (EX500) it comes in at just over the 150kw/tonne.
  7. But in NSW they didnt nock it off the list, maybe because once its there it cant go off, is that the reason?
  8. Government departments don't like admitting that they make mistakes...

I believe that there's a good few bikes that were wrongly calculated on a few of the LAMS lists across the country. I wouldn't broadcast which ones they are though... :wink: