Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VicRoads - GP Traffic Alert

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by TonyE, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Grand Prix Traffic Alert

South Gippsland Highway & Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road

VicRoads advises in the lead-up and during the Motorcycle Grand Prix 14-16
    October 2011, a number of roads in and around City of Casey, Cardinia, Bass
    Coast and South Gippsland Shires will be carrying increased traffic volumes.
    We ask drivers to be aware of motorcyclists and be extra cautious of vehicles
    unfamiliar with the area.

Motorcyclists should take note of the advisory speed reduction and ride extra
    carefully due to rough road surfaces resulting from recent heavy rainfall.

For the safety of all road users, VicRoads has placed variable message signs
    advising motorcyclists of sections of uneven road surfaces at intervals along the South Gippsland Highway and Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road.

Some delays to travel time should be expected and VicRoads asks road users to be alert to changed traffic conditions and observe any signs in place.

Shanna Evans, VicRoads: 9881 8753
    Lina Baullo, VicRoads: 9881 8061
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Thats not too bad. Seems like a reasonable warning.
  3. Nice, woulda been nicer to have a motorbike only lane though ;)
  4. Anyone coming up, down or over for the GP be careful as all the rain has had a bad affect on the road surface on most of the roads in Victoria.

It's pot hole and rough edge central here at the moment.
  5. cheers for the heads up guys.
  6. Re: VicRoads - GP Traffic Alert (now with added VicPol alert)

And we just got this in to the MRA site.

A friend of mine overheard a group of Phillip Island residents complaining about the police setting up this w/end 6 x roadworthy stns between San Remo and Cowes to get all those who got thru last time.
  7. Re: VicRoads - GP Traffic Alert (now with added VicPol alert)

Thats such a prick act. Get you unroadworthy miles from home...
  8. New tourists signs at all the border crossings into Victoria, and just after the roundabout as you turn towards San Remo:

"Won't You Come Into Our Parlour..."
  9. I've always thought of riding down to the GP but VicPol and their bullshit has put me off a fair bit. Coming from NSW, what happens if I get defected in Victoria? How would I ever make it home with a slightly loud exhaust, surely I'd be killed well before I ever made it.