Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC VicRoads course for hoons will force them to talk about their driving

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by joetdm, Apr 28, 2012.

1. yep, won't be long before you get a less penalty form murder..

It's getting better in VIC by the day....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/course-for-hoons-will-force-them-to-talk-about-their-driving/story-fn7x8me2-1226341240717

2. The new hoon industry proudly supported by Ted Baillieu and the Victorian Liberal party.

First tow trucks and now training yet these hoon laws have had zero impact on the road toll.

3. I don't understand why they think people speeding would be embarrassed to talk about why. I'm not at all embarrassed about why I do it

• Like Like x 3
  4.  Top
  5. Run a stop sign and kill a motorcycle rider, say,"i didnt see him" and get a slap on the wrist.
    Do a burnout and lose your licence and car for a month then have to do a driving course and pay $1000 for it, becaue you MIGHT hurt someone.
    Anyone else see the hypocrisy?

• Like Like x 3
  6. No idea what you're talking about, but the again, I may have failed to read your post. Not my fault but.

7. i think that at least once a week i will do more than 200km/h

speed is fun. the courses would be a good opportunity to meet other street racers to plan future hoon related events

:angel:

• Like Like x 8
  8. Can you fail this course. I probably would, then what?

9. i wonder who owns the private company that will certainly be enjoying its new found business thanks to this law.

Its all a scam to put more of your tax money directly into the pockets of the pollies that own the government contracts.

10. All I can think of is A Clockwork Orange.

This is again designed to make criminals out of sections of the community.

Fluckstain.

11. A course for Bragging about being a Hoon, Make it $500 and they will be volunteering to join,

12. Pmsl

Sooo true.

13. I seriously doubt "hoons" would be embarrassed to talk about their behaviour, which is often intended to draw attention anyway, especially in front of an audience of other "hoons."

On a side note, what the hell is revving up? Is there seriously a law against this? I don't know about you guys, but I constantly use my engine's revving noise as a slightly nicer horn to warn car drivers of my presence when I think I'm in danger.

14. They sterilise you, so you cannot pass on your hoon gene.[-(

• Like Like x 1
  15. For a thousand dollars, I can safely assume lunch will be provided, yes?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Exactly what is "revving up" ?

Does this revving up include trucks that are double clutching on the down shift ?

17. Ok, revving up aside (whatever that is), I feel I must be missing something here.

I'm new to riding, and these forums, but what's the problem with coming down hard on people going so excessively over the speed limit? Or is it the $1k on top of the loss of license etc that you have a problem with?

18. Regarding revving up: It's a conspiracy against people that drive manual vehicles that need to rev the engine before making the vehicle move.
    By driving a manual you're breaking the law. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Penalties for hoon driving should decrease with each offense. Yes decrease. It just shows the driver/rider has a higher skill level to ride/drive on the roads.

Once you have done enough hoon offences, you get amnesty from any traffic suspensions at all. Kind of like an award for speeding safely.

Oh I have some disturbing thoughts brewing in my head. Lol

• Like Like x 3
  20. Seriously though...
    Do I get a certificate that says "Hoon" at the end of the course?
    And do I have to bring my own lunch or not?