Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Xmas day ride to the hills., Thu Dec 25th

Discussion in 'VIC' started by ForumBot, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Added to Calendar by: Slow coach

Leaving westgate servo city bound at 12.30.

See you there.

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.
  2. Hey I'm up for this, maybe a split group? Same destination, different pace? Ah we'll see who shows :)
  3. I'm in for this ride. However I won't be at the meet point, it is going backwards for me. Where along the way can I join up?
  4. this one is very vague! where are you going??
  5. Cam,
    can you give me a buzz in the morning.
  6. I think I may be up for this. Especially if there is a slow group to tag along with. I only have 12 points on my licence and I don't really want to loose any more of them :(
  7. I'd like to come if people can tolerate my tempermental 250 and its low fuel milage (sometimes it gives only 150kms to the tank) and dodgy forks.
    I.e. I'll be keeping within the posted speed limits.
  8. Is this ride still happening...
  9. Cheers guys had a great day.

Hope you did as well.

Sorry I did not get to say goodbye to everyone at the end.

Take care and see you all on the road again soon.
  10. Was a great ride guys. the Black Spur was awesome with only a handfull of cars there and no cops!

Sorry to see 'Rider Chris' go down towards the end of the Spur section, man you are as lucky as Jamie to walk away from that one, the speed you went down, with no run-off, no way I expected you to be riding home!
  11. Thanks Coach for organising the ride. It was a great day, although not without incident. Hope you're healing well Chris.

Was great meeting you all :grin:

(Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the mystery ride due to family commitments, but next week!)
  12. Thanks for a great ride today guys. It was great to get out again as I haven't ridden in the hills for ages.

Chris, I hope you get your bike sorted and that you're not feeling too sore tomorrow.
  13. Yep, I agree. Great way to spend Xmas day. Hardly any traffic on the fun roads, perfect riding temperature and hardly a copper to be seen. Bring on the next Xmas day :grin: :grin:
  14. Well I"ve placed my order in with Santa, but he told me we might need to wait 12 months....
  15. Great day for it. I haven't done much twisty riding in ages and it shows. :oops: :LOL:

Glad you're in one piece Chris!

Until the next ride... :)
  16. For sure guys, next Xmas it's a date....... 'Cam's Xmas in the hills' :grin:
  17. hey guys, yeah i pulled up ok. was going to come along to the sunday learner if i got a hold of a couple levers, but it looks like i wont be able to bend my leg in time :?

and next year for sure! my other bike will be registered by then :grin:

also thanks brij for making sure i got all the way home safely. i really appreciate it when someone goes out of their way to make sure i am safe. next time when you need a favour i will return it without hesitation.

anyway take care guys and all the best for the new year
  18. As much as people like me tarnish it, its people like brij that give the motorcycle community a good name. Kudos!

Btw, where be the pics?
  19. Hey Chris I didn't know you were taking a different route home, I pulled over just up the road to wait for you & Brij, one of the guys said that you went another way.
  20. Sorry Johnny, Not having front brakes we decided to take the most direct route home9 ie Maroonday Hwy. I didn't realise you didn't know. Hope you weren't waiting around for too long