Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Vic] Workshop - How to lift a dropped bike, Sun 9th Sept

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by ForumBot, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Added to Calendar by: nous aka Chengaleng

TENTATIVE VENUE:
    Tracey's in Mickleham

CONFIRMED DATE:
    Sunday 9 September 2007

Seeking those interested in learning how to pick up a fallen motorbike, and volunteers to help make it happen.

CURRENT INTEREST:
    Let me know if I've missed anyone out.

Black Betty
    Blodders
    Caz V1
    cbr1000_racing
    Danielle
    donski1
    Drew
    fun-times-4-all
    G
    greenrider
    happy.grl
    hillbilly
    I Adore Vic
    Jafu
    Jkat
    Joe_gt250r
    little_miss_cowgirl
    Loz
    nin
    sarz
    Seany
    shaggy
    stewy
    Stromer and family
    undii
    Woodsy and bike

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.

2.  Top
  3. Mrs Drew and I are going to have to pull out. :(

4. Yeah, you did mention it was a little close to her birthday. No problems :)

5. Mmmm, this might come in handy for me with my gimpy arm to see if I can use it (at current "position") to lift a (test?) bike. My bike has fallen a couple times at either whilst it was standing or once when I took off from a corner and a taxi from the opposite side speeding, went into the spot I was moving into and I had to brake with my right foot still coming off the ground = bike laid down. Luckily the people behind me helped me as they saw what a fcukwit the taxi driver was and they wanted to do as much as they could for me, which at the time that lifting my bike was all I needed. It was all too quick and no-one got his numberplate and it was 11 months ago, no care to chase him up. But as the original thing goes, looking to see if I could pick up a bike with the way my injured arm is could come in handy, I just hope I never need to try to lift my bike again, it's had enough lay downs I reckon. :oops:

6. Yep yep..I'd be in this :)

7. I'd like to be there, camera in hand, for the strained expression on peoples faces. :p
    But alas I am previously commited. (probably should be too) :rofl:

8. Sounds like somthng I should brush up my skills on being a female with notmuch upper body strength. i'll be there!

9. Okely doke, all noted.

More updates by the weekend.

10. As per other thread, i'll drive the ute across and bring a donour 250 to be droped.

11. Ok, noted Woodsy, thanks again!

12. THE GSX LIVES AGAIN...

can we test it's pheniox qualities... now where did i put those matches?

might try and make it as a spectator.. don't worry jafu i'll take a camera ;)

13. NEW VENUE REQUIRED

Unfortunately, Hopper will not be able to host us at his place.

Will people be ok with Tracey and Phil's in Mickleham? If not, please offer further suggestions.

Cheers,
    Cheng

14. Bummer Hopper, oh well.

Mickleham is cool with moi

15. Yeah...sorry guys, something that I was not planning on has come up. I have sent Cheng a pm to explain.

Couldn't be helped.

16. and me too :grin:

17. well its still fine for our place

Phil will do up a map and then we can send it to you Cheng and you could perhaps distribute to those coming?

otherwise our good friends Sherry and Jeff will be coming over from Hoppers on their bikes so if people want to meet up and follow them to our place, let us know

we will have a BBQ available and a drinks fridge if anyones interested
    and a big shed to hide in if the weather gets ugly

Tracey

18. Hopefully it isnt to windy for you all Tracey.. I still have nightmares about that wind .. :LOL:

19. oh come on Paul.......the weather only put a show on for you :LOL:
    honest most days it not so bad hehe...

does that mean your not coming???

20. You changed your user name.. :LOL: And no sorry i wont be there.. Lets hope people dont have to get any practice on your driveway .. :shock: