Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Vic] Wildwood resurfacing!! =D

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by brownyy, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Woooooooooohhhhhoooooooooooooooooo

They are finally resurfacing a part of wildwood. From the funky bridge for about 1-2km's (north) has been completely ripped up and grated with a good peppering of loose stones, it's quite fun to ride on with a sports bike! :D

Anyway, I went through yesterday expecting to tear @rse through there but I was putt putt'n away till the asphalt came back. It's not the entire section but the worst bit of it.

They have no signs up with a completion date so I'm guessing a week or two.

2. Went through there late this afternoon....with the heat today the tar had melted and my back end went out on some of the loose gravel. Fun times. Take it easy north of the bridge :)

3. I usually go up and back that road after work to practice my fully sik hektik drifting skills. I guess no full sik hektik drifting for a while then.
  4. Rode up and back this road on today's group ride and apart from some loose stones at some places all good.
  5. Where is this Wildwood that you speak of?
  6. yes you bastardos, I was meant to be doing loops but I got scheduled a Birthday Party instead..... Damn children. Passed What I must assume was about 3-4 half dozen sized groups heading the area. Now if they'd do that section of Konangera Road I'd be in heaven .
  7. Good news about Wildwood.

Well for those in the area, yesterday I went down the Romsey - Wallen road for the first time in a while. They've almost resurfaced the whole section of road that was single lane and it's now two lane.
  8. ^^ Woot!! Another local like-able rode.

Went through today, the part that was resurfaced is "complete" but full of gravel in the non-tyre tracks (i.e. centre and edges), so watch your lines.

They were putting up power lines today, and I rode over them while they were on the ground, and 1km down the road I saw them been raised up in the air. It was then I realised how pictures like this came about: