Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC who rode today 25/6/10 and loved every second of it?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by slowmark, Jun 25, 2010.

1. i wanna see a list of proper hard-basterds (or hard-women) that were skilled or stupid enough to ride in the rain today. =D>=D>=D>
    i for one love this stuff. nothing sharpens the skills and helps you HTFU like a good peak-hour commute through the wet stuff.
    And to the guy on the black r1 doin a wheelie up alexander parade tonite: respect dude. nothing shows skills like a good 12oclock wheelstand in the pouring rain. at night. during peak hour. :woot:

2. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

I rode in it for 10 minutes from work to home in it, that was enough for me. But I did jump in the car and bought some waterproof trousers to go with my jacket :D

3. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

I rode in, in the drizzle, rode home, in the downpour..... no choice.. wifeee has the 4bee.

Still with the right gear, it's all good.. just need to be a tad more aware of the "stupids"

4. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

It was raining heavy both on my way to work and home. Wet weather gear did it's job.

5. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

Lol, proud of yourself riding today

Just got home, rode today like I do everyday, also stood outside all day in the rain too

I'm such a hard **** I shit bricks

6. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

Yeah, love riding in the rain. Had a good one today returning from Peter's funeral, apart from the traffic on the Westgate. I rode in the big Melbourne storm a few months back as well. Now that was hard.

(And women can be bastards too. Not that I am either.)

7. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

When I ride in the rain it's not the cold/wetness that is bad it's the traction!
    Shiiiiit I had a very close call coming up to a set of lights. Barely any rear brake at all and the bike whipped side to side and then straightened up again all within half a second. Nearly shat my pants...

8. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

That's nothing mate.
    I used to walk barefoot 45 miles in the snow to work 16 hours a day at the coal mine, up hill, BOTH WAYS. When I was offered a lift by a passerby, I PUNCHED HIM IN THE FACE FOR THE INSULT.

9. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

haha yeah me too... and i'd kill a turtle or something with my bare hands for breakfast on the way.

no i'm really glad i did'nt have to ride in that yesterday.. it pissed down

10. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

I rode... thank gawd for lane-splitting... there was a smash on the Westgate Fwy around 4PM, then for some reason traffic was stopped for km's around the Western Ring. I must have lane split for a solid 10km... I am so thankful to never require the use of a car during the week.

11. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

Really enjoyed the run home, 20kms down the western ring rd.

There is something surreal about being out in the pouring rain and not getting wet.

Just remember to turn the awareness up a notch, it's hard to see out of wet windows even for the ones that do look.

12. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

Sorry mate there's none left. BP have killed them all.

13. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

Rode yesterday like every other day....... 80km round trip..... coming home last night I was beginning to think I needed a snorkle......

OZ

14. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

Not that we loved it but about 30 of us at Peter Willoughby's funeral

15. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

Yup,I'm a biker...28 k each way, rural roads to and from work. It was dry for me at 5 in the morning, but it was constant pour on the ride home. Rain dont bug me,ya just corner with more care and leave more room for braking..oh and the dicks who need to drive faster coz it's dark and wet!
    Its high gusting winds in the rain that pisses me off...makes me a little envious of drivers...only a little mind you.

16. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

When its shitting down with lots of water from the sky, i ride the pushy instead.
    Beat that.

17. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

Luxury!

When I was a lad we had to ride 14 hours to work through golf-ball sized hail, for the privilege of earning tupence an hour, for 84 hours a week!

18. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

Do people stop riding when it's raining?

Weird. :p

19. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

I recently moved to Australia... and with how easy it is to park a motorcycle in Melbourne I started asking the locals, "how everyone doesn't ride a motorcycle?". The answers I got were that it's too dangerous and that it rains too much. If people base their lives on those two answers, they might as well not even get out of bed.

20. Re: VIC who rode today and loved every second of it?

it rains too much?

I thought we were in a drought.