Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] When do restrictions end?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Kenny, Oct 4, 2010.

1. My restrictions officially end this Sunday 10/10/10, however do they end at the start or the end of that day? Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

2. end of the day most likely
  3. Well I got my license on the 18th Mar 2010 and the expiry date on my license is 18th Mar 2011.
    In my book, late on the 17th Mar 2011, as soon as the clock strikes 12 midnight, I'm not restricted.

Waiting until the 18th Mar 2011 is over would make it 1 year and 1 day...
    But who's counting right?................lol
  4. If your licence expires on the 18th then the 19th is the day youre unrestricted.
  5. Interesting...
    I got my L's on the 18th, the sat for my License on the 18th exactly 3 months later. Even caled VicRoads to make sure at the time. His comment was lucky you as you had Feb in between.

Restrictions would work the same I'd say.

I know it's only about a day after 12 months and no big deal waiting an extra day.
    Suppose just looking at the technical side of things.
  6. It is when that day is a 25 degree sunday
  7. I would think it's 12 o'clock at night on the day they end
  8. Lol, that will be (not) be funny
  9. This thread seem appropriate so thought id add a question here.

Do i need get a new license or visit vicroads when my restrictions end?

Couldnt find any info on vic roads website about any action to take when the restrictions finish.

(besides the action of getting a new bike \\:D/ )
  10. Nope, just get the new bike.
  11. It is most definatly the end of the day. A guy from another forum was pulled over by the highway patrol tv show guys and let off with a warning.

I'd say, they'll probably give you a warning too :p
  12. I guess it depends on how much time you have left.
    If it's your last day, a warning would be nice. What would they say, don't do it again? In this case there is no tomorrow...