Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC [VIC] Victorian Road Safety Committee Motorcycle Safety Inquiry Melbourne Public Hearing Agenda publ

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by robsalvv, Oct 6, 2011.

1. The agenda for public hearings has been released.

Special formatting applied by me. Some comments in blue for interest.

= = = = =

The Road Safety Committee will be holding Public Hearings, in Melbourne, on Monday 17, Tuesday 18 and Wednesday 19 October 2011, as part of its Inquiry into Motorcycle Safety. Members of the public are welcome to attend the hearings.

Monday 17 October 2011
    9.00am - 10.15am VicRoads
    10.15am - 10.45am Victorian Auditor-General's Office
    11.00am - 12.15pm Victoria Police
    12.15pm - 1.30pm Department of Health
    2.00pm - 2.30pm State Coroner's Office of Victoria
    2.30pm - 3.45pm Transport Accident Commission
    4.00pm - 5.15pm Department of Sustainability and Environment

Tuesday 18 October 2011
    9.15am - 10.00am DECA
    10.00am - 10.45am Armstrong's
    11.00am - 11.45am Honda Australia Rider Training
    11.45am - 12.30pm Professor Marcus Wigan (<--- Good to see!!)
    1.00pm - 1.45pm Select Scootas
    1.45pm - 2.45pm Mr Paul Varnsverry (<--- International Protective gear expert)
    2.45pm - 3.45pm The Alfred
    4.00pm - 4.30pm Youth Parliament Delegates (<--- I can't believe they got a guernsey - these are two highschool girls who don't ride and did a highschool debate camp topic on mandatory riding gear)
    4.30pm - 5.30pm Independent Riders' Group (<--- Damian Codognotto)
    5.30pm - 6.00pm Mr David McAuliffe (<---- A netrider!)
    6.30pm - 8.00pm OPEN FORUM*

Wednesday 19 October 2011
    9.15am - 9.45am Maurice Blackburn Lawyers (<--- First cab off the rank - SMIDSY and driver retesting will be a hot topic)
    9.45am - 10.30am Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce
    10.45am - 11.30am Mr Kris Growcott (<--- Draggin Jeans)
    11.30am - 12.30pm Mr Scott Harris
    1.00pm - 1.45pm RACV
    1.45pm - 2.30pm Victorian Motorcycle Council (<-- !)
    2.30pm - 3.30pm Mr Rex Deighton-Smith
    3.45pm - 4.15pm Ms Heather Ellis
    4.15pm - 4.45pm Ulysses Club (<--- Featuring another NR!)

*Members of the public are also invited to attend the Open Forum on Tuesday 18 October 2011 from 6.30pm to 8.00pm. As part of the forum, people will have 10 minutes to discuss the issue of motorcycle safety with the Committee.

The Committee will also be holding public hearings in regional areas, including Ballarat, Bendigo, Wangaratta, Wodonga and Bairnsdale, during November and December. Details will be available shortly.

Last Updated on Thursday, 06 October 2011

= = = = = = = = =
    Bugger, I'm not going to be around for the first day which is where the authorities will give their clear intention and views on motorcycle safety. Goddam it.
  2. Airstrike? I'm going to need specific co-ordinates. I suggest people stay home on Monday. Thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. is it just me, or does anyone else think the committee will have made up their minds by the end of Monday after government presentations, and the next two days will be the independants desperately trying to get them to change their minds. I really hope not, but I'm sure there was some deliberate decisions made in setting this agenda
  4. Looks that way doesn't it.

- - -
    Tapatalking loud, saying somethin'
  5. How the **** did those two highschool girls get in? The worst part is this will probably be an affirmation for them and they'll actually think they have a clue.

And damnit all the hearings are on when I'm interstate. :tantrum:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Might try attend these with sound recorder in hand. I doubt they'll allow video cameras in.
  7. May get the chance of going but only two days I could make it for a few hours is Mon and Wed...

Geez, what mood would I be in at the end of Monday....
  8. Monday is looking unlikely for me. I'd be genuinely interested in a report from anyone that attends.

The precedings will be all available ultimately, however early wind of tactics may help in ongoing advocacy discussions.
  9. Be aware that there is only seating for about 25 people. If you go, be there early. I'm hoping that we can get someone there on the first day at least to report back on what the agencies have to say.