Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC]: valve clearance. need a good mechanic!

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by markwearspants, Jan 9, 2012.

1. g'day,

05' cbr600rr coming on 30,000km. A full service I can do myself but need a professional to check/adjust my valve clearance. anybody have theirs done by a mechanic that did a good job? (pref west melbourne ) also how much do you think i'm up for?

many thanks

2. You'll be up for around $250-350 depending on the place you take it.
    I would take off the fairings ond deliver the bike to them to help save some coin.

Pete at Everything two wheels would be a good option for you over that side of town I think.

3. Its not a hard job to check valve clearances. Get a service manual (Haynes?) and give it a go.
    Chances are they do not need adjusting (unless the bike is becoming hard to start)
  4. starts perfect every time. I have the haynes book but I'm not confident enough to try it myself. oil, air and lube is all I touch haha. thanks I'll give those guys a call =]