Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Tuesday 13 December - Neil Mitchell on Lanesplitting

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by TonyE, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Just heard that Neil Mitchell will be dealing with lane splitting/filtering this morning on his radio program.

Probably the usual ban all bikes! :evil:

2. Great. I doubt we'll receive much support. Just the usual uneducated anti-bike rhetoric.... and no-one will say boo about the cyclists who filter without question either.
  3. Tony, slightly off topic, but a nice little article from you in the current Australian Road Rider under the Your Say banner. In some ways it is aligned with this topic.
  4. Thanks Shane,
    Bear said at the expo he liked it and was going to publish it in full. I'd forgotten till it turned up last night.

5. I don't know the radio show you are taslking about.

Maybe those that do, should ring in and let the general audience know the motorbike side of the arguement?
    If we remain silent then we let others shape our future.
  6. He's on 3AW and thinks he's Melbournes answer to Alan Jones :shock:

He has called for motorcycles to be banned in the past...
  7. Banned? WTF?
  8. What time does his show start ?
  9. what time's morning tea at most nursing homes? prime time... :LOL:

'youth nowadays...the general moral decay!'
  10. And its NOT Neil Mitchell as he is on holidays. Its Ross someone? in his place.

Cheers 8)
  11. Youth :shock: :shock: I haven't been called that for about 15 years :LOL:
  12. I remember after some motorcyclist got busted doing some high speed and trying to sun from the cops Neil Mitchell, as per normal, jumped on his high horse and called for motorbikes to be banned. barely a week later, a P plater and if I remember correctly and L plater were caught doing speeds in the high hundred's. I bet he didn't call for the banning of cars. It would inconvenience him.
  13. If anyone gets through, please PLEASE try and present a reasoned argument. For the sake of public support, differentiate between filtering and splitting, and don't try and defend splitting, at least for now.
    Don't forget the petition in the news section, too.
  14. Ross Warrneke.
    He interviewed Dale - our esteemed MRA pres and came to the conclusion that there was no reason to ban it... He said he had no problems with the practice :LOL:

I put out a media release on Saturday and it's been picked up a lot.

774 ABC interviewed Dale on Monday and the interviewer came to the conclusion that there was no reason for the ban and it must have been initiated by jealous car drivers... :LOL: :LOL:

15. Bear in mind there is also no reason for our $50 tax yet we still have it. Bureaucrats have to do something to keep earning (cough cough) a living.
  16. halle bloody lujah - good to see some of the media are willing to use common sense in analysing this issue - could come in handy. But when's Neil Mitchell back? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: