Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Vic] Transferring NZ restricted license??

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by flyingkiwi, Mar 1, 2009.

  1. Hi

    I recently moved to Victoria. I've got a Restricted motorbike licence. Anybody have any idea about what I would get if I transferred it to a Vic licence?

    NZ system:
    6 months L plates (CC limit, 80kph, curfew, no passengers)
    2 years Restricted (CC limit, curfew, no passengers)

    As I understand it in Vic you get a Full licence after 3 months of Learners. So, I assume I may be eligible for a full licence (I have a full car licence and have held my motorbike licence for over a year). I just want to know if I should look at getting a LAMS bike just in case?
  2. In NSW the RTA would give you a full licence