Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Vic] TAC links up with Doohan for Safety Campaign

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by jdkarmch, Oct 15, 2010.

1. This was in the Herald Sun today.

Not before time, at last TAC appear to have realised that this is the way to go. IMHO its a bit late...

Attached Files:

2. While it's never too late, John, I remember that this was a suggestion that actually first came from you last year. Wasn't the reaction from the TAC something like "Our campaigns are better"... :-s

Of course there's the obligatory wait and the "not invented here" syndrome to be overcome.

And I wonder when we'll see the NSW one; "if you brake here... you end up here".
  3. Thanks for mentioning that Tony.

I had a long phone conversation with TAC last year about the SA campaign. TAC were adamant that their campaign was better and they didn't want to go down the same path as SA.

Both VMAC and MRA have been strong advocates for this approach for a long time. It would be nice to get some acknowledgement from TAC for the role that MRA(Vic) played in getting to this point. I'm not holding my breath and will be watching this closely over the next week....

TAC don't seem to like heed any advice given by riders like you or I, or anyone else here for that matter.