Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Stolen Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6r

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' started by RustyO, Apr 10, 2011.

1. [VIC] Stolen Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6r - RECOVERED!

2. that sucks...hope you get it back..

have you been away? 2 weeks is a long time to not notice your bike
  3. lost in the fog???

sorry to hear, mate :(
  4. Crap, that sucks mate ! :(
    Sincerely hope that your bike is recovered swiftly and safely....oh, and that the culprit gets what's coming their way.
    Good luck.
  5. Hope your bikes insured and make sure to notify the 'secure' car park of how 'insecure' they are.
  6. Sorry to hear that dude, fingers crossed you get some good news.
  7. I'd be investigating the legal avenues for prosecuting the carpark owners. You pay to securely store your vehicle. If it gets stolen, they have to be somewhat liable.

I could be wrong, but i'd look into it.
  8. Update:

Got my bike back today. \\:D/

Unfortunately there is a fair bit of damage from being dumped in the outdoors for a couple of weeks... looks like I'll be needing a new chain, new front pads, and new back pads, maybe a new steering dampner as they are all rusted to ****. Apart from that, some slight paint damage from the theft.

Most likely scenario is that it's been loaded straight into the back of a white van/ute (can tell by the paint marks) due to the fact that the steering lock was still on, and no attempt had been made to force it.

Bike was dumped a couple of blocks from where it was stolen from, so they may have been spooked and dumped it just after grabbing it. Or were thinking of coming back and grabbing it in a few weeks.

Security guys are reviewing the footage and I'm sorting stuff out with the police.

Thanks to VP for their assistance in locating her for me, and all the help they've been.
  9. Great news, RustyO !!!!
    Shame about the issues requiring attention but surely, you must be wrapped !
    Here's to a speedy repair (y)

Oh...and another thing - hope they catch the culprit/s !
  10. Thumbs up the VP when they deserve it :)

- - -
    Tapatalking loud, saying somethin'
  11. Good news man, any luck with insurance covering the damage?
  12. Thanks for the kind words all, much appreciated in a time of stress.

Need to find out on Monday from mechanic how much to replace everything (new chain, brake pads, how much would all that cost?) and if it is covered by insurance...