Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Spurs / wiggly roads

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Morbo28, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Hey all,

Has anyone been up through the spurs / wiggly road in that area late last night / this morning?

Ie is it still a bit damp and slippery from the rains, or is the surface condition good?

Also, I assume the traffic will be building up around there today. In your experience should I give it a miss today due to holiday traffic or is it worth a shot?

Cheers :grin:

2. FYI It's ALLLLL GOOOOOOOD up ther today :grin: :grin:

Just spent 7 hours all up criscrossing the spurs, Marysville, Monbulk area :woot:

Bloody brilliant day for it. Bugger all traffic all things considered (I can towards Melbourne when doing Black Spur so that made it better). Road surface conditions are good.

Although there is the usual bark and shit blown onto the road in some places and the odd washed out red dirt sections near Monbulk and Emerald, but not many and they don't sneak up on you. Two motorcycle coppers and one car.

What a great way to celebrate the first day of my holidays!!

I know this isn't a ride report section, but fyi this is what it was like up there:

3. I was up at Mt Dandenong today.

Roads were ace, not too much traffic about.