Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Spanner Night April 2nd from 7pm, Thu Apr 2nd

Discussion in 'VIC' started by ForumBot, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Added to Calendar by: Bamm-Bamm

Having a spanner night this Thursday, have chain and sprockets to do on an SV1000 and probably Nibors VTR-250 along with brake fluid change, spark plugs etc...

There is quite a lot of work to be done so we may not beableto do much more than these 2 ...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.
  2. Address please!!!

Will the puppy dog be there?
  3. I'll be getting some Personal Training, but around the corner from you, if I can still walk afterward I'll pop in see whats-what :grin:
  4. I'll be there to supervise as Bamm Bamm kinda gets excited when he's got a spanner in his hand... Must think it's something else :LOL: :LOL: And to keep a keen eye on what's happening on my bike :grin:

5. No puppy dog but you can play with my pus... cat :wink:

PM sent
  6. i'm going to try make port80s the night before... and then i'll try make it to this too. the more i do the more i learn :LOL:
  7. nuts mate!

just done the oil/oil filter/air filter myself with a useful hand from mum :LOL:
    doing the sprockets tomorrow arvo at a friend's place as its fookin dangerous and i really want to replace it ASAP :?

will still need to do the sparkies but they should be quick, and im thinking about fork oil/springs. would that be do-able at yours or? if you could PM me your addy please.

thanks again for the offer mate :grin:
  8. Sorry mate, I'll be having surgery earlier that day and smashed outta my noggin on a morphine cocktail by the time you guys are playing with spanners! Haha!

I'm completely shattered I can't make this episode of 'Tool Time', but we should definitely make this a more regular fixture for us Mexicans! :grin:

I used to be a car mechanic and have a full arsenal of tools, but working on bikes is a bit different (ie I'm a bit tentative since not having one for a few years) so I'm mad keen to learn as much as possible on these nights.

In a few months time I'm happy to volunteer my garage/tools/time/knowledge for one of these sessions, so long as people don't mind a trip to Ballarat. If your bike is in 'that' bad a condition and an ideal 'tinkering machine' and unrideable then I probably can arrange transport with my dads van on a weekend even! Haha!
  9. delete post

10. If i can be arsed i might turn up for a giggle
  11. for those coming tomorrow, drive straight up the driveway to the end we are the last unit...just listen for the laughter, grunting and cursing :)
  12. Ahhhh ... would've liked to attend this! :?
    If nothing else, sounds like a lotta fun :p

But Dang! just found this thread and have other commits ... :roll:

Will keep a closer eye out for the next spanner nite :grin:

@ mbikeboy: speedy recovery mate :grin:
  13. got me some sparkies, coolant, and brake fluid. wont take more than 15min to do the sparkies i dont think, no idea with the liquids but i wouldnt think too long :)
  14. thanks to keith and shannon opening up there place for u last night, was a great night, and good to catch up with a few i don't see as much as i should.

So when the next one, we can do sync throttle bodies if ya like :wink:
  15. and a couple of chains too :wink:
  16. Yeah, let me know when you have the Duke back and you can do the chain and sprockets on the zed...
  17. I know nothing :bolt:
  18. thanks for holding it mate... was good to see a little bit (i learnt how to NOT do a chain :p ) and also meet more riders :grin:

cheers, ash
  19. we noticed :p :p

cheers for hosting mate, access to tools other than myself is greatly appreciated :grin:

c u this arvo!
  20. aah damn i missed out.
    I just got the bike yesterday and i have no clue how to change the oil ><
    its got car oil inside and need to get motorbike oil in!

oh well...anymore of these events to help me?