Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Spanner Day, Sun Jul 9th

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by ForumBot, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Added to Calendar by: VtrBob

Due to popular demand Myself and PNUT will be putting on a supervised SELF maintanance day. On the sunday the 9th july

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.

2. cool sounds great. can i book myself in and also fireblade, we will both be there.

3. Yeah i should turn up here too i guess :roll: Please note that this is for people that have been before to one of these

4. I'm in! I'lll need a oil change about then.

5. ok we have so far : Can you pm me if your a looker want to work on your bike pls But the spots are filling up quick.

Goosh : Bike work
    Fireblade : Bike work
    Miss DJ : ?????????
    Undii : Bike Work ( yes i have a 27mm socket )
    Grunge : Bike work
    Pebas : Newbie to NR and a nice PM asking to come along for the day :)
    NoRush : Another Newbie onlooker

PS: I'll put the BBQ on again for those attending, and remember PNUT loves XXXX :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: kidding mateeeeeeee :LOL: anything but xxxx :LOL: , and myself : udl sambuca/scotch etc :twisted:

6. hmmm.. XXXX, i wonder if PNUT enjoyed the XXXX.

7. Thanks Bob,

Will definitely be there again!! :grin:
    I'm happy to bring own meat or chip in for the BBQ... just let us know?!?

I'll have the xxxx for PNUT as requested :wink: and will bring the same again for you Bob, hope what we brought last time was ok??

See you guys there... can't wait, first self oil change on the bike & no more paying the bike shop to do the minor stuff :grin:

Greatly appreciate the time being given for this Bob & PNUT... hopefully I can give back to the Netrider Community as you have both done!!

8. yeah how did you like the flavoured water PNUT... I forgot to ask :LOL:

sorry mate, I hope you've paid the guys back that did the dirty on you :eek:

9. May i ask where this will be held at?
    Maybe a map might even help for those who are unfamilar with the area.

Thanks.

10. It's in Berwick, and details will be provided via PM once numbers are all locked in :)

11. I'll be up for it too. Don't wanna miss this one, last one with PNUT was great. What times the gathering? Got the 5am Soccer Game that morning so will be up early. :)

12. My bike will be one of the bikes gettin an oil & filter also possability of getting some new sbk pads thrown in there aswell. Hydrolic clutch fluiid might be a possibility aswell :shock:

13. Are the numbers locked in? Heh.. I got brake pad just in case I need to change them. It was 20% off, so definitely worth it. :]

14. if there is room, please count me in! im gonna cage it though because that's pretty far and im too new to riding. so i'll just be an onlooker i guess :)

15. gotta pull out, other things to do, maybe next time

16. I will have to wait for the next round :(

17. Had a fantastic day today, everything was fun fun fun plus lots of things learnt :) Only bad thing was I put a tiny scratch on the 675. I was walking the bike down the driveway onto the road and my gimpy arm didn't like holding the bike up and it slipped out of my control. I tried to compensate the failing with pulling the bike to centre it or use me as a brace. Semi luckily I managed to get the bike to fall towards me instead of my bad side and laid the bike gently on me + the road. Just a very small scratch on the stator cover.

At least I have found the first bit of bling to buy, carbon fibre stator cover hehe

Something similar to this:

[img:400:300:73d82b5d7a]http://www.triumph675.net/photos/albums/userpics/10288/normal_Engine_covers.jpg[/img:73d82b5d7a]

And a nice video taken at a cool moment with my phone. :grin: Should play in windows media player easily or a player like VLC. :)

http://connect4.com.au/waz/MOV00002.3gp

18. Good thing you bought them along hey :p and we wont mention the sphinter tighening when we found out the sump plug had a helicoil improperly fitted and came half out with the plug, hey :p

One thing we did pick up was sezied chain adjusters, and rather than jump in and break/strip any threads.
    It was wisely decieded to book it in asap to a bike shop and let them fix that problem ( the chain is only 'just' in need of adjustment ) and further tinkering could have made the bike inoperable or unsafe. :?

All in all a reasonable showing with 3 bikes getting worked on, plus a good example of when you should leave well enough alone and left to the "pro's" that have better tools/access to replacment parts on hand.

Undii : Chain adjustment
    Emjaye : Oil/filter
    Grunge : Oil/filter (almost chain adjustment) and sump plug trouble :p Brake pads 90% worn on the front !

PNUT & Rhea ( late but at least they turned up ) :LOL: :LOL: :p
    AnotherMacca
    Myself / Nadeen

19. Bob,

Definitely good thing I bought them along!
    Mental Note: If I can't see how much MM's is left on my brake pads, then it's prolly time to change it! :p

Again, Bob, thanks so much for your help and you + Nadeen's hospitality!
    Definitely learnt a helluvalot today, and had fun in the process! :]

20. Definately will not miss the next round? When will it be?