Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Short notice - Spurs etc - Thurs 1st Jan

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Filter, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Hey all,

There's a few of us meeting at the Mobile on the cnr of Stud Rd & Wellington Rd at 10.45am for an 11am depart (hopefully a hangover-friendly time :LOL: ). The more the merrier!

It'll be a class 2 ride, with a few breaks and searching out a good lunch (any ideas?).

Any questions just PM me.

Hope to see you there!

EDIT: Map for the meeting point

2. Should be at the mobil unless I pull on NYE.

Who am I trying to kid, see you you there.
  3. I wouldn't mind coming along, what's the best way to get there coming from Broady for someone newish to Melbourne?

4. Can I suggest Tullamarine Fwy/Citylink Inbound -> Westgate Inbound/Monash Fwy Outbound -> Wellington Rd exit

I've added a map in the original post

Cheers Darwin
  5. Sounds great. I am meeting a few riders 9am Cnr Jasper and Centre Rds Bentleigh and will try and talk them into going that way. Chances are I will sleep in and meet you there anyway.

6. I'll possibly be there for this. Definitely going for a ride but not sure where yet :)
  7. Run out of chloroform Cam? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(remember the conversation on pickup lines we had at Tintaldra)

Cheers - and hope you have a bloody terrific new year \:D/ \:D/
  8. Hi Joe
    I will be joining you ,maybe with 2 friends if they decided to come!

cheers wal
  9. Can you please give more details of the intended route :?

We are intending to do Reefton - Marysville - Healesville ride anyway so may join you if you are doing a similar route.
  10. Details? You ask too much :LOL: This ride was "organised" late Tuesday night, with a plan to meet, do the spurs & have a good day out.

That's what we're looking at doing, be good if you join us Cruznyoyo

Look forward to meeting you Wal and Discreetly PHAT :)
  11. Hey, we had that same conversation at Noojee :?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  12. sounds good. I'm in.

13. I'll tag along. Will be my 1st netriders ride. So hopfully i'll be able to keep up with you guys on my lil 250. 1st time up that way so should be fun. Also tunnel heading out om monash is that still free for bikes?
  14. I shall make an effort to get up in 5 hours.

If you see a blue CBR600RR with a guy wearing full leathers and perhaps looking a little uncomfortable in them then that's me. It'll be my first ride in full leathers.

15. All Citilink is free for bikes.
    It's the new Eastlink that is not free for bikes.

So you should be ok going through the tunnels onto the Monash.
  16. I am not going to make it. enjoy the ride.
  17. I set my alarm for 9pm instead of 9am.... ops. :?

Should go for a ride by myself, but I don't think I can get my suit on/off without other riders... makes going to the toilet a little hard! :eek:

Hope you are enjoying the ride!
  18. Thanks for a great ride. Would have to be one of the most enjoyable rides ive been on. Great bunch of blokes and girl. Cant wait for the next ride. Thanks again :grin:
  19. Was awesome fun, even thru the damp bits :LOL:

Thanks for a great day, was an awesome kick off to '09!
  20. Awesome ride everybody... Our group had every kind of bike and riders of varying abilities and even though it rained for a little while and some of the roads were quite slippery we had no incidents and everybody rode within their limits, corner marking worked a treat and everybody had a ball, what a fantastic way to see in 2009

Thanks to Filter for organising the ride, everybody for turning up and Cam for leading, it was great to meet some new people and put names to faces...looking forward to the next one. :grin: