Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Sever Thunderstorm Warning : Be Careful Out There

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by Lazy Libran, Feb 10, 2012.

1. LINK : http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDV65756.shtml

For people in the East Gippsland, North Central, North East and parts of the Central, South West, Northern Country, West and South Gippsland and Wimmera Forecast Districts.

Issued at 4:00 pm Friday, 10 February 2012.

Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, very heavy rainfall, flash flooding and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Ballarat, Bendigo, Seymour, Maryborough, Wodonga and Bairnsdale.

The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
    * Keep clear of fallen power lines.
    * secure any loose objects in the vicinity of your home.
    * keep away from creeks and drains.
    * do not drive vehicles through flooded areas.
    * stay indoors if possible.
    * Avoid using the phone during the storm.
    * if you are outside, avoid sheltering under trees
    * listen to the radio for storm updates
    * switch off your computer and electrical appliances

The next warning is due to be issued by 7:00 pm.

If severe thunderstorms develop in the Melbourne Area, a more detailed Severe Thunderstorm Warning will be issued to people in this area.

Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 217. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shittage. I'm going riding tomorrow.
  3. There was localised flooding in Sydney's western suburbs last night and storms are expected again tonight! Nice Summer we're having :LOL:
  4. I like the way it conveniently stops at the border.
  5. :D Well...it's VIC only, isn't it?
  6. South of Melbourne looks allright,

Sydney Has more crap weather and rain than Melbourne,
  7. bring it
  8. Pfft... they say this every time they see a cloud. HTFU and keep riding. :cheeky:

Seriously though... they've been saying this for the past 3 days. Glad I ignored them because this week my travels to and from work have been some of the nicest commutes I've ever had. :)
  9. It was pretty bad here for about 2 hours. My bike fell over, the opposite way it should've!
  10. what storms???
  11. Mesmerizing Melbourne. :D