Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Vic & sa laws

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by kingy, Feb 13, 2011.

1. hay guys

i am from brissy but in 2 weeks time myself and 15 others are heading down to the great ocean road then across to ade...

we are going to take 3 weeks for this ride and i am fully pumped...

i have heard up here in brissy (not sure if true thats why i am asking on here)
    but are you allowed to ride in a group down that way without a permit ????

in QLD they dont care but up here we have heard the odd rumour that your not allowed to be in anymore then groups of 3 ?????

if this is true will we get in trouble ??? seeing we are from a different state and dont know the laws ???? if we do get done what will happen ?????

if anyone can help me out that would be great... :angel:

regards Kingy
  2. Err, first I've heard in vic...
    We were a group of 22 on a ride today....
  3. mmmm ok then cool... i was on a ride yesterday in Qld 106 riders lol no problem with the fuz... we got talking and a few mentioned your not allowed to ride anymore then 3 in vic... mmmm
  4. If you're riding harleys, have criminal records, are carrying guns and have your group's logo on the back of your jacket, you might have a bit of trouble.

If not, I think you'll be fine.
  5. well i dont ride a harley but 3 of the 15 do... no we are not 1%ers but we are a patched club without the back rockers or logo... non of us have crimial records the only reason for us to be in a group other then we are from brissy on a holiday
  6. Probably taking the piss. Harking back to the old QLD days of Bjelke-Petersen when you couldn't have a group of people meeting in public.
  7. yeh thats what i was thinking...... ahh well i better just tempt it i suspose whats the worst that could happen???? jail and get raped lol lol lol
  8. Welcome to Victoria. Please turn the light off on your way out.

Cheers. :D
  9. About the only peculiarity in Victorian law is Hook Turns but I doubt you will be travelling through the CBD so you won't hit any of those.
  10. Kingy, if you want some company going down the GOR post it here when exactly your riding through and I'm sure you'll get some locals up for a ride.
  11. X2! Post it up :)
  12. awesome.. at this stage we have plenty of time to do this ride.. so we are just gonna be taking it slow and we will get there when we do... the misses bought my an IPAD so i will update on there when we are in and around that area...