Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Road Race Championships, Rd 2, Sat May 3rd

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by ForumBot, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Added to Calendar by: Clifford Jones

The 2nd round of the Victorian Road Race Championships will be held at Winton Raceway on the 3rd and 4th May.

Entry for spectators is $20.

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.

2. ....ah, Winton, a beautiful track located just south of Benalla in N.E Victoria..The track is several km's of smooth tarmac, with elevation changes and nice cambers....

Just like in Dallas, Cejay awakes from his deep slumber to realise it was all just a dream.

Winton, a circuit that is (apparantly) plagued with overbanding, flat and featureless. It is however the main circuit in N.E Victoria and popular. I've never ridden there before and am looking forward to a successful outing this weekend.

The Victorian Road Race Championship's are more intense than the Interclub and feature full timing, qualifying and practices. I am really looking forward to getting my champ series under way and not blowing up again.

Winton is about 2hrs from Melbourne via the Highway of Doom, but there are interesting ways there if you want to incorporate a spot of racing with a day ride.

Weather for Winton is fine and sunny (18 and 20) for the weekend. So escape the gloom of Melbourne and come watch people ride around in circles.... :)