Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Road Conditions Gembrook - Reefton - Alexandra

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by DisgruntledDog, Jan 2, 2010.

1. I'm picking up my new Bandit 1250S tomorrow :D from Rowville and was thinking of taking the long way home to Lancefield via Gembrook - Reefton - Alexandra. On the news they said the Alexandra had a bit of flooding, so I was wondering if anyone one was up around these parts today and if the road conditions are ok.

It's a new bike and considerably bigger than anything else I've ridden so I'm going to take it easy.

2. Chris,
    I have never seen the roads closed around Alexandra, They do get flooding, but they dont close the roads, the roads are usually above the flood water levels.
  3. Reefton and surrounds have some debris, leaves, twigs, and bark from the recent rain/wind but nothing serious at all.
  4. Just bring along some floaties :D
  5. Thanks all.

Picked up the new bike today. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I ended up going home through Warrendyte, St. Andrews and Kinglake.

It was drizzling a bit, the bike had only 500Ks on the clock and the chicken strips were wide. Decided that near new edges of the tyres, possibly wet roads, lots of crap on the roads, me not having ridden for a month and a little loss of confidence after my off it would I'd take a shorter and easier route.

Did I tell you that I love my new ride. :D