Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC registration costs for 250-500cc motorcycles?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Grumply, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Hey fellas,

I've searched for this, but haven't been able to find an answer (and God knows the Vicroads website is utterly useless). I'm trying to find out what my yearly registration costs will be for my first bike, which will most likely be either a 250cc or a 500cc bike.

Can anyone tell me the total costs? (I live in an inner suburb so TAC costs are their highest level), and also, are 500cc bikes more expensive to register than 250cc ones?

Cheers,

Mark

2. My 125 cost me $405.20 all up to register.
    Nowhere on the registration does it state the engine size so I doubt it would cost more to register a 500 over a 250.
    The only other info on the registration document is 'Learner Approved Motorcycle'.

Edit:
    I am also inner city.

3. Thanks guys, much appreciated! It says it's about $365 for a 250-500cc bike in my area, is that including Vicroads' cut as well? Or just the TAC?

4. The lot.

5. Terrific! Thanks for that.

6. It may change later this year to align with LAMS so it will be 250 and over 250 LAMS and non-LAMS.