Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC-Possible Motorcycle Campaigns

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Sir Ride Alot, Jul 10, 2010.

1. The purpose of this thread is to be more of a knowledge base collecting ideas for possible motorcycle campaigns. There is no wrong or right here. It's just a collection of ideas.

Please only list your campaign ideas. If you wish to discuss or comment on an idea please start another thread with the campaign as the thread title.

2.  Top
  3. Motorcycles are NOT cars!
    They require SPECIFIC rules!

4. Legalise filtering.

Legalise using bus lanes

5. #5 zenali, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    This is a good video that could be adapted into an ad for motorcycles. (Watch it and you'll see what I mean.)

[URL="
    ]
    [/URL]

6. #6 Nightowl, Jul 10, 2010
    =D>=D>=D>
    Very very clever.
    I'd forgotten about that one. Thanks zenali. :grin:

7. #7 boy.racer, Jul 10, 2010
    I'd like to see an aggressive action campaign where something like this is aired:

[media=youtube]8xMfk1msw9A[/media]

By aggressive, I mean drop the "We are not Hoons" stuff and chase the idea that Driver inattentiveness/lack of skill is the reason for the increased bike toll.

Doesn't matter if that is the reason for the increase, puts the other guy on the backfoot.

8. Zenali there is also the one we discussed regarding bikes are not cars.
    We should get together and think about making it.

9. Absolutely. We'll have to put out a casting call. :)

10. #10 NWRAP, Jul 10, 2010
  11. #11 NWRAP, Jul 10, 2010
  12. There was one on youtube I seen a while back with cars pulling into a servo and riders stuck on the windscreen or in the bumper, was quite graphic but worked really well. Can't seem to find it at the moment.

13. #13 NWRAP, Jul 10, 2010
  14. That "Don't Ride Us Off" is exactly the kind of thing we need more of. I wonder if we can get it aired again?

15. #15 boy.racer, Jul 11, 2010
  16. #16 twisties, Jul 11, 2010
  17. #17 twisties, Jul 11, 2010
  18. it allready is legal in Vic, both splitting and filtering actually, via a technicality.

19. i think we urgently need to put a human face back into the public perception of riders.
    to show that we are just regular people with families and jobs, like everybody else.

because, the demonization of all riders via talkshow hosts and even a certain high ranking policeman incites hatred towards us from other road users.

one thing that stood out to me on a you tube clip on 3AW, was the MRA president asking for respect on the roads... and the talkshow hosts just giggling at that.

not funny, we are vulnerable on the roads.

20. Get solid white lines replaced by dashed lines so we can overtake legally again.