Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Police to ban issuing of speeding fines

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by doonx, Aug 9, 2007.

1. The Age article

Anyone want to test it out ?

2. *pencils track day on the open streets in for aug 21 :grin:
  3. And then on the day after the bans they sit in the office and write tickets for any infringement they saw the day before.

No free lunch people....
  4. you still get a conviction/ demerit points.... they just don't Fine you.

was the same when ambo driverswent on strike.. they still did there job but collected no $ for not having membership etc.
  5. ..

rather than issuing a ticket they can summons you to court. But as long as what you are doing isn't incredibly stupid they should FIDO it. (fcuk It Drive On)
    The practice of taking details and issuing tickets later after the bans which some TMU members do.. not many but a few, goes against the whole point of the bans so police actually hate other police doing that shit.
  6. I KNEW there was something fishy about the Victorian Police :LOL:.
  7. Careful Paul! We're now heading towards jokes about fishy smells and police being certain words :p
  8. You get the honours Doonx! :applause: :LOL:

9. its a trap!
    theyll make millions on the fines theyll issue because everyone will be doubling the speed limit :LOL:
  10. ..

delays on traffic camera fines only because they are not operated by police but they have to sign off on the issuing of the fines... .. so they will eventually get out.
    In terms of police pulling you over and issuing fines.. refer to my earlier comment.
  11. URGENT!!!!

I'm arranging an urgent netrider ride from Sydney to Albury on the 20th of August stay over night in Albury then BANG 21st of August Time Trials start all the way to Melbourne, then the big boys can break the sound barrier along the great ocean road on the way back!!! :bolt: :rofl:

Can someone get the NSW coppers to strike as well in support for their vic brothers?? :LOL: :LOL: :twisted: