Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC - Police are busy!

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by undii, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Well I went for a ride this morning as the forecast is for good weather (26). In the space of 20 minutes, I saw 6 cars pulled over by police, unmarked and marked cars. :eek: That made the motivation for spirited riding drop a fair bit as 2 were on my favourite closest "twisty" roads within 10 minutes ride from home. I went along the yarra scenic route a bit from richmond to end and went for a cruise with the little twists of the throttle when it was safe to do so. So, this is kinda a heads up for today, possibly this week or so (probably up to the GP?) for traffic police to be out in force and looking to get speeding cars.

Hopefully this just gives some people a little bit more of a reminder for riding with the thought of keeping your licence/not getting fined at all somewhere in the mind :) I'm off to physio now so I can't head out when the sun is REALLY nice for today, I'm jealous of all who can be out in the early afternoon weather :grin: Take care out there, definitely looks like a stronger police presence!

2. I was just thinking of heading to yarra blvd as well. I'll keep in mind the police are out today. I've been to yarra a couple of times last week but never saw any police there. I went the at either mid day or ruch hour not weekends.
  3. You can be sure that anytime a good day breaks out after a week or so of bad weather. The local enforcement teams will be on the prowl.

Also this is the school holidays, and people tend to gun it a bit more as traffic is less.

Big speeding crackdown will be next week when school returns. Just to catch people out in those 40 kph zones!
  4. and as soon as the rain starts the local commodores rush out and do burnouts on the wet road.
  5. Yiiiiikes... just returned from a spirited strop to Daylesford... I didn't see a single cop car... but now you got me thinking... I hope my licence is intact... [-o<
  6. YES I have seen a lot of traffic cops on my daily (including Hiway Patrol and mbike cops) this week, whereas normally I don't see any, or just one.
  7. If you don't break the law you have nothing to worry about... :)
  8. Thankyou Night gash!
  9. hope none are up the dandenongs these next few days :shock: bike comes home from the mech 2moro night and its sposed to be good weather on friday. Add to that i just bought a nissan 180sx they tend to attract alot of police attention especially when they are slammed on their nuts with a big f*ck off loud exhaust like mine :shock:
  10. Shelley tells me we overtook an unmarked one out that way yesterday. Western cops must have been in a friendly mood. :)