Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Parking advice...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Rolkus, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys,

I was just parking my Bie where I work in Dokcklands (Harbour Town). I park against the building. The lady came out and had a go at me, saying I can't park there. I politely told her that I could provided I don't block peds, deliver vehicles ect ect.

Am I in the right?

I park against the building so the bike stays moderately dry.
  2. Parking against the wall is a no-no since it can block disabled persons from passing. The general rule-of-thumb is to park at least a wheel-width away from the road, ideally aligned with a post, tree, or other such obstacle and no one will bother you.
  3. apologies! This may be locked.
  4. You might be interested in this thread, which is presently running in the Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance forum:

Look for TonyE's comments on the second page, here:

And here:

Click on the black arrow in the white box and it'll take you straight to the relevant posts.
  5. From reading my Learners book a couple years ago, you have to park your bike atleast 1 meter from the building line without blocking any fire hydrants, emergency exits, pedestrian paths, etc.. Pretty much as long its 1 meter away from the building line and not blocking anyone else's way then you're all good.
  6. You need to find out if you are parked on private property. It's the Docklands so it's difficult to tell what belongs to what down there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.